It's like warm-ups before stepping on the track, or packing before getting on the plane. Great email marketing begins before your fingers hit the keys. Take time to ask questions first.
Two questions to ask yourself before beginning the process of building your email marketing campaign:
- Do I have the skills and knowledge that I need to succeed?
- What will success look like once the campaign is completed?
If you decide you're short on email marketing skills, go online and learn - there are resources out there for learning these skills (Try this one for beginners at UDEMY.com). Once you are sure you know what you are doing and what you are trying to achieve, then ask more detailed questions.
Questions to ask as you begin designing your email marketing program:
- What is the strategic goal of this campaign?
- Who is my target audience, what do they need most, where are they when they read my email?
- Do I have permission to email them, if not how do I get permission?
- What email system will I use, does it have limitations?
- What is my budget for this campaign?
- What email design will work best for my audience?
- What action am I asking them to take?
- How many and how often will I email in order to achieve my goal?
- Can I integrate social media to make a difference?
- What day/time should I email in order to achieve my goal?
- How will I measure success?
One more resource on creating an email marketing plan from tutsplus.com >>
Hire help if you need it, any step in the process: WinCommunications.com